Thursday, June 4, 2009

C.R. ON CBC RADIO 3 - TRACK OF THE DAY


New Music Canada Track of the Day for June 4, 2009: Circle Research "Stop, Look...Listen to Your Heart"

http://radio3.cbc.ca/blogs/2009/06/New-Music-Canada-Track-of-the-Day-for-June-4-2009-Circle-Research-Stop-LookListen-to-Your-Heart

Posted by Lana Gay at 12:00 AM » Post a Comment
I think I need to have Mama Gay on my show more often. The lady just has good advice. Whenever I'm having a bummer of a day or have a big decision to make I always call her. She may not understand my problem completely (at times I think she's stuck in the 70s...) but she always says things like "Well, what does your gut tell you?" and "You'll know in your heart what's right."

Funny enough, another mother, Lauren Burrows, suggested I hear this track by Circle Research. It's the perfect track to listen to when pondering life or to just enjoy. It has a great beat, simple lyrics and is just damn fun.

I'd like Gil and Nik from Circle Research to meet Mama Gay, not only do they all have huge vinyl collections to chat about (maybe they could school her in funk and she could share some of her rare Motown collection). Since Gil and Nik are great producers and have been making beats since the early nineties, perhaps they could turn her great advice and one liners into sweet tracks like "Stop, Look... Listen to Your Heart".

Subscribe: iTunes MP3 OGG

Direct Download: iTunes MP3 OGG

RSS :http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmNiY3JhZGlvMy5jb20vcG9kY2FzdC90cmFja29mdGhlZGF5Lw==